Monday, October 15, 2012

A lovely weekend


On Friday night the husband and I loaded up the bed of his truck with pillows and blankets and headed off to the drive in theater to meet some friends. Four of us piled into the back of the bed, homemade popcorn in hand. This was my first time at the drive in so needless to say I was quite pleased with the whole situation. It was a warm day but that night it went down to the 60's, just cool enough to want to cuddle up with my man and the blanket. The first movie was incredibly cheesy (trouble with the curve) and the other (argo) was good, but the ambiance was perfection. Did I mention there were stars in the sky? Well there were.. and it was lovely! I will definitely be heading back to the drive in. Maybe next time I will add in some wine and cheese.

On Saturday I went searching for a pair of oxfords for an upcoming wedding in San Diego but had no luck. If you know of any online I am up for suggestions! 

After we headed to the bookstore to look at some magazines then headed home for a night in.

Sunday we went to church and then headed to the diner with friends *where I had a very tasty omelet then naturally couldn't turn down a pecan pie for dessert :) 

Not much happened this weekend but sometimes the lazy weekends make the best weekend! 

xo 
anna lizbeth

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Weekend Update. Sounds like you had a great weekend! I have never been to a drive-in, but it sounds like so much fun. Hope you are having a great Monday!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love a good, lazy weekend! Sometimes it's just what you needed. The drive in sounds like so much fun! We don't have anything similar to that here. Have a good week!!

    Xo-L
    simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm admittedly jeals! I need a drive in, in my life. What a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a very ghetto drive in by us. I would love to go to one otherwise though! Sounds like a great time

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet weekend! Sounds lovely!! Love your blog!
    Do Dallas Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!! I love the drive in, although I haven't gone since I was a kid being that there aren't many left. Thanks for visiting my blog! I actually use a loom to knit which makes it SUPER easy! I've tried crochet and just can't do it. I want to learn to knit for real, but haven't had the chance to learn. I highly recommend looking into the Knifty Knitter looms at JoAnn's! Start with a circular one for beanies and go from there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think an omelette that naturally turned into a piece of pecan pie is a great breakfast and i love going to the drive-ins. bundling up with loads of pillows and blankets with friends sounds like a wonderful evening in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right, lazy weekends are the very best. And so is pie :)
    Stopping by from Life on Leroy, Ps. Stop by my blog, I’m doing my first giveaway, $50 to Tiny Prints!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can find out more about it in my most recent blog post.

    Xo-L
    simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...