Monday, October 22, 2012

a lovely weekend


Let me start off by telling you that this little town that we currently live in has a monument... to a boll weevil! Little fun fact- it is the only city to have a monument to an insect.  Well, this weekend we had a big event named the boll weevil festival. There is not much to do in this town so this was kind of a big deal! We loaded up Shakespeare in the truck and headed to the festivities. The weather was absolutely perfect outside so it was a good day for all that was in store. So what did these festivities include? Pony rides (see picture above) , children in costumes, vendors, a man singing on stage to a CD, some food vendors and hot dogs in crock pots. We did find a couple of good vendors.. and lovely persimmons. So overall I would say it was a great Alabamian experience. Later that night we headed out for Indian BBQ and the food was DELICIOUS.  They were also playing old Bollywood videos and let me tell you... they were probably the highlight of my day. The husband and I decided we should get some copies to play at our next get together. I think they would be quite the hit ;) who doesn't want to see people dancing and singing in colorful clothing.  Sunday was also a beautiful day so we headed to the lake. We love spending days on the lake and wanted to let Shakespeare swim before it gets too cold. After the lake we headed home for a relaxing Sunday evening.. where 


I came across this video... it made me quite happy!






  Hope you all had a great weekend!


xo

anna lizbeth


linking up with sami and molly

22 comments:

  1. You guys had a wonderful weekend. Did you know there is also a Boll Weevil song? Haha. Also you look super cute in that picture. As always:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no! there is a song? where does one find this song?

      Delete
    2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVwjYptcnAY You are welcome:) Haha

      Delete
    3. oh wow. that is too funny! Who would have thought there would be a song about a boll weevil!

      Delete
  2. Looks like such a fun, fall weekend!!!Love those chairs in the second photo!

    Xo-L
    simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that video, it's awesome!

    Loving those chairs in your top picture.

    SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:24 AM

    I love love love love this marriage proposal so much!
    it's my favorite ever, and I hope that in 25 years when my hubby decides to re-pre-pose that it is exactly like this!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what fun pictures :) i love the weekend update. thanks for dropping by and for the sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how funny!! a boll weevil festival! sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your super cute blog! I'm also an Army wife; my husband's a veterinarian. We're currently stationed on a Naval Air Station in Sicily, Italy. Wish you lived here... I think we could be friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i too wish i was in sicily italy! headed to your blog now :)

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a great weekend!! I love that wedding proposal video! So creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a fun busy weekend! I love material on the chairs, so cute! Plus you look adorable on the tailgate of the truck!

    XO

    glammedbytarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. that looks like a fun weekend :) And I love the proposal video. so cute!

    xoxo, Amy @ Interpret As You May

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that is one of my fave wedding propsal videos out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am dying over this video. And Noel is in BIG trouble for not doing this for me. I can't believe I'm sitting here crying over a proposal video...but seriously this is the best one I've seen!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I was definitely crying as well. it is just WAY too cute!

      Delete
  13. Aww what a fun event - love small town fairs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you so much for visiting and for your sweet comment! you have such a beautiful blog, and i am especially encouraged by your love for Christ! i also loved reading your & your husband's love story..so sweet :) glad you had a sweet weekend, and i look forward to reading more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That video seriously made my night. What a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That video was amazing!! I loved it! Such a great proposal.

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...