Sunday, October 14, 2012

Lets Get Literary!


This is my first link up with Sunday Social and I am in love with this topic! I love curling up with a good book and a cup of coffee or spending the day at a quaint bookstore. My favorite bookstore is Upstart Crow  in San Diego. If you are ever in the area you MUST stop by. Picture the children's bookstore in You've Got Mail.. but for adults and add in a yummy cafe. Yes.. it's that good! 





















Favorite Childhood Book would have to be Anne of Green Gables. As a child I was drawn to the fact that she was a fellow redhead. :)

My Favorite Book lately is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I did not want to put this book down! I love how it was written in letter form. I loved the characters and  found the book to be very intriguing and unique. 

A book I wish I could live in would be Lunch in Paris. I think I was born in the wrong country. Oh how I would love to live in Paris. Spending my days going to markets, sitting at cafe's, sipping my wine and eating delicious food. Yes.. I can picture me there. 

If you could be a character from any book it would be Elizabeth Bennet because I love her style and wit. I also wouldn't mind wearing the clothes! 

My favorite book turned movie currently would be Hunger Games. I am a big fan. But a close second would also be The Help

My favorite magazine is Kinfolk. Obsessed. With. This. Magazine. 



"You can never get a cup of tea large enough, or a book long enough to suit me." - C.S. Lewis 

xo

anna lizbeth


Sunday Social

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:02 AM

    I did consider putting Lizzie Bennett, but I didn't as I am already quite like her. My mother is always telling me off for "doing a Lizzie" as she calls it. I loved the hunger games trilogy and the help, both fantastic books :)
    New follower
    Zoe x

    http://wondrous-marvellous-obsession.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:56 AM

    Good morning Lizbeth! I found you at the Sunday Social Blog Hop, I liked your blog a lot so now I'm following you ^^
    Hope you get a chance to visit my blog too and take a look around.
    Have a great Sunday! xx
    n o i r e d a m e

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bookstore and cafe look incredible. I worked in a bookstore for years, and it has been one of my favorite jobs. I am adding Lunch in Paris to my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this!!!! Oh, Anne Shirley. That girl was my favorite when I was little :) I actually saw that the movie was on tv a few weeks ago and DVR-ed it. It's about time to walk down memory lane... hehe. Thanks for the new book suggestions, too! I love me a good book :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi from the linkup!

    They did such a great job making the Hunger games into a movie! I still haven't seen the Help (I know, I know), which I can't believe. Everyone says they did an amazing job with that movie as well. One day I'll get around to watching it! Happy Sunday!

    xo, Heather

    Heatherfrostx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I forgot about Anne of Green Gables! I read all the books and loved them. Also, that bookstore looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ann of Green Gables! How could I forget?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne of Green Gables is such a classic! Great choice, love that you loved her for her hair.

    Love your blog! It is super cute, decided to follow :)

    www.meghanmccabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wanting to read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society for a while now. Now I may just bump it up my list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne of Green Gables is my favorite book ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am yet another new follower from this weeks Sunday Social. I loved the theme this weekend, I often feel with all today's technology that reading is becoming further on the back burner but its great to see that so many people still love to read and find time for it. I also took away a bunch of new books to read so I am glad that I linked up this week and I am glad that I found your blog hun!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVED that little book store in You've Got Mail. I wish I could have gone to it as a kid :) I guess I'm not with it cause I hadn't heard of The Guernsey Literary or The Potato Peel Society. I love Pride and Prejudice and Elizabeth Bennet's character. New follower via Sunday Social!

    www.25inmy25th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would be Lizzie too! Also after we leave this base and I come visit you in California we will be going to that bookstore, right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! My best friend and I stopped by this darling little bookstore when we were last in San Diego. We were in there FOREVER. I got so excited to see it on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its amazing right? My husband and I would spend hours in there and make it a point to visit whenever we are back home :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...