Friday, October 26, 2012

lets get crafty

A couple of months back I had a baby shower for  one of my good friends. I knew I wanted to get her something special but I could not decide for the longest time what that would be, until she pinned this. *who knew pinterest could be the new gift registry* My friend and I both share a love for crafts and diy so I knew this would be the perfect gift. 



The frame was purchased at hobby lobby as well as the knobs and they were both 40 percent off. Have I mentioned that I love hobby lobby? Well I do. A lot. 

The next step was finding chicken wire. I found this at Lowes. Unfortunately you can only get it in large quantities, so be prepared to have lots of crafts including chicken wire.

Attaching the wire to the frame was very simple. All that was needed was a staple gun. The trick is to cut it to size first then to make sure it is stretched out while you staple. 

The next step were the knobs. We used a drill to make the holes then placed them in.


I then purchased a couple of bows and a headband from this adorable etsy shop. *The shop lets you create your own style* I love how it all turned out.



As mentioned earlier. There was a lot of chicken wire. I had this old window (recently purchased at a local antique store) and decided it could use some of that chicken wire of mine. :)  I used the staple gun again and then used tiny clips from hobby lobby to secure my pictures.


Want to see more from the baby shower?  Go here.  


Happy Crafting and Happy Friday!

xo 

anna lizbeth


linking up with friday chaos 

27 comments:

  1. Such a great idea. You should totally pin it :)

    Xo-L
    simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this. I am in desperate need of a jewelry holder for my necklaces and earrings. I bet this will do the trick!

    Tara

    http://tarabelle-adropofink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this!!! you should pin this... right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, chicken wire is the best display

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very clever and so very cute! Lucky mama that got it as a gift. :-)

    http://makingroomwithus.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:46 AM

    I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to do this for so long, but I was unsure of how easy it would be. (I'm not the craftiest person. Haha.) I love this, AND I love Hobby Lobby which is only a mile from my house. You've encouraged me to try it! Thanks for dropping by my blog this morning. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the baby shower gift! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:38 AM

    Oh man! What a cute gift! I made a pallet headboard a couple of months ago for my bedroom, It and this DIY project would be such a pair. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I must try it! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Clare
    Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
  11. such an adorable idea and looks so great! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the vintage feel of your blog. super cute :)

    happyleeliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your projects look fantastic!! Great job!!

    Newest follower!

    Swing by if you can.

    xo
    SEL
    growinglaughingandlovinginlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely gift! It looks awesome and I love the picture holder you made for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute!! With all that extra chicken wire, you could always put up a chicken coop and get a few pets... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great idea!! I really like the bows you added to it.

    PS. I mentioned you in my post today :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love it! you can mention me anytime ;)

      Delete
  17. This is such a cute and rustic craft. It looks super easy too...for the um.."crafting challenged" like myself. :)

    Glad you found me and I found you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute idea for hanging pictures! I may have to look into doing this now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. so beautiful and creative. i see these often at flea markets, and i love how you made one. i especially love the knobs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's such a great idea!! Love making DIY pin boards

    PS. I'd love it if you could visit my blog and follow me if you like it!! :)

    -Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. that is SO cute! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous12:10 PM

    you did a beautiful job. I love the distressed look on the wood, what a cute gift for your friends.
    Abigail K
    www.abi-asaturdaymorning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I didn't even think to look at someone's Pinterest for gift ideas!!! Genius! Looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I SO need to do something like this to keep my jewelry organized! I bet your friend was so happy to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Everyone already said it. Darling, cute, love!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...